our Seasons Hotel
India’s first Four Seasons Hotel soars above Mumbai “like a fine blade of steel and glass,” offering a “startling” view of the city, said Sandra Boler in the Financial Times. Located “cheek by jowl with some of Mumbai’s inner-city slums,” the five-star hotel embodies the “extraordinary contrasts of India.” Though the glass tower itself couldn’t be more 21st-century, the architectural details pay homage to India’s “colonial past.” Sandstone walls surround the landscaped grounds, while “pale-gold Italian onyx” lines the entrance and the floor is made from “warm, honey-colored” South American anegre wood. The aesthetic is one of “startling purity.”
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The science of making a guitar sound like a human voice
- Is the rent really too damn high?
Subscribe to the Week