Klipsch Image X10
“Klipsch’s self-proclaimed ‘world’s smallest in-ear headphones’” have silicone tips that block noise and “soft cable joints” that prevent breakage.
Price: $349; Contact: Klipsch.com
Source: Men’s Journal
Super.Fi 4 Earphones
A favorite of Aerosmith and Madonna, these “in-ear, noise-isolating” earphones “block external noise while delivering a crisp and robust sound.”
Price: $129.99; Contact: Ultimateears.com
Source: The Boston Globe
Sennheiser MX W1
“Crazy expensive,” yes. But this “low-profile, lightweight” pair of earbuds uses the most up-to-date wireless technology for an “uncompressed signal” and “a potentially cleaner sound.”
Price: $500; Contact: Sennheiserusa.com
Source: Shop Smart
With “no visible buttons and a curved, diamond-patterned design in black, silver, rose, or gold,” this headset deserves to be called “ear-wear.”
Price: $130; Contact: Us.jawbone.com
Source: The Philadelphia Inquirer
Triple.Fi 10 Pro
These “skillfully engineered” earbuds look sleek and “sound divine, with a big, thumping bass that seems impossible.”
Price: $419.99; Contact: Ultimateears.com
Source: Financial Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week