Dontforgetyourtoothbrush.com helps travellers draw up “planning and packing checklists” to be printed and brought along on the trip. E-mail reminders ensure “complete holiday peace of mind.”
Insuremytrip.com compares different policies and companies offering medical insurance for holiday-goers. “Be careful if you have a pre-existing medical condition,” though, as some of these plans may exclude you. Often, general travel insurance—which covers medical as well as trip delay and lost luggage—costs the same as a medical policy alone.
Medjetassist.com is for travelers heading to remote or developing nations. It does “only one thing—it flies you home in a company medical jet if you need to be hospitalized.”
Sources: Detroit Free Press and Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week