Dontforgetyourtoothbrush.com helps travellers draw up “planning and packing checklists” to be printed and brought along on the trip. E-mail reminders ensure “complete holiday peace of mind.”
Insuremytrip.com compares different policies and companies offering medical insurance for holiday-goers. “Be careful if you have a pre-existing medical condition,” though, as some of these plans may exclude you. Often, general travel insurance—which covers medical as well as trip delay and lost luggage—costs the same as a medical policy alone.
Medjetassist.com is for travelers heading to remote or developing nations. It does “only one thing—it flies you home in a company medical jet if you need to be hospitalized.”
Sources: Detroit Free Press and Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week