Dontforgetyourtoothbrush.com helps travellers draw up “planning and packing checklists” to be printed and brought along on the trip. E-mail reminders ensure “complete holiday peace of mind.”
Insuremytrip.com compares different policies and companies offering medical insurance for holiday-goers. “Be careful if you have a pre-existing medical condition,” though, as some of these plans may exclude you. Often, general travel insurance—which covers medical as well as trip delay and lost luggage—costs the same as a medical policy alone.
Medjetassist.com is for travelers heading to remote or developing nations. It does “only one thing—it flies you home in a company medical jet if you need to be hospitalized.”
Sources: Detroit Free Press and Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Singapore's ruling party runs into trouble
Subscribe to the Week