Dontforgetyourtoothbrush.com helps travellers draw up “planning and packing checklists” to be printed and brought along on the trip. E-mail reminders ensure “complete holiday peace of mind.”
Insuremytrip.com compares different policies and companies offering medical insurance for holiday-goers. “Be careful if you have a pre-existing medical condition,” though, as some of these plans may exclude you. Often, general travel insurance—which covers medical as well as trip delay and lost luggage—costs the same as a medical policy alone.
Medjetassist.com is for travelers heading to remote or developing nations. It does “only one thing—it flies you home in a company medical jet if you need to be hospitalized.”
Sources: Detroit Free Press and Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week