ontforgetyourtoothbrush.com helps travellers draw up “planning and packing checklists” to be printed and brought along on the trip. E-mail reminders ensure “complete holiday peace of mind.”
Insuremytrip.com compares different policies and companies offering medical insurance for holiday-goers. “Be careful if you have a pre-existing medical condition,” though, as some of these plans may exclude you. Often, general travel insurance—which covers medical as well as trip delay and lost luggage—costs the same as a medical policy alone.
Medjetassist.com is for travelers heading to remote or developing nations. It does “only one thing—it flies you home in a company medical jet if you need to be hospitalized.”
Sources: Detroit Free Press and Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week