OOD DAY FOR: Flushing your money away, after a German businessman forgot more than $13,000 in cash in a public restroom off the freeway. The man apparently didn’t realize he had left the money, kept in a plastic bag, for a half an hour, at which point it was gone. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Saab stories, after GM’s Swedish car subsidiary filed for bankruptcy protection Friday. Saab lost $340 million in 2008, and GM—itself bleeding cash—is looking to sell off the brand, or let it close shop. Sweden so far has declined to provide any funding to help Saab survive the global slump in auto sales. (Reuters)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The executioners' lament
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
Subscribe to the Week