Madonna’s steamy romance with a Brazilian male model is a sham, says Britain’s Daily Mirror. The 50-year-old singer and Jesus Luz, 22, have a raunchy photo spread in this month’s W magazine and have been publicly canoodling around New York. But insiders tell the newspaper that the recently divorced Madonna is staging the “relationship” for reasons of vanity. “Despite her advancing years, she looks like she’s still got what it takes to pull a 22-year-old,” says a source, “and Jesus is getting a boost of publicity as well. Everyone’s a winner.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week