Madonna’s steamy romance with a Brazilian male model is a sham, says Britain’s Daily Mirror. The 50-year-old singer and Jesus Luz, 22, have a raunchy photo spread in this month’s W magazine and have been publicly canoodling around New York. But insiders tell the newspaper that the recently divorced Madonna is staging the “relationship” for reasons of vanity. “Despite her advancing years, she looks like she’s still got what it takes to pull a 22-year-old,” says a source, “and Jesus is getting a boost of publicity as well. Everyone’s a winner.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week