Madonna’s steamy romance with a Brazilian male model is a sham, says Britain’s Daily Mirror. The 50-year-old singer and Jesus Luz, 22, have a raunchy photo spread in this month’s W magazine and have been publicly canoodling around New York. But insiders tell the newspaper that the recently divorced Madonna is staging the “relationship” for reasons of vanity. “Despite her advancing years, she looks like she’s still got what it takes to pull a 22-year-old,” says a source, “and Jesus is getting a boost of publicity as well. Everyone’s a winner.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week