Madonna’s steamy romance with a Brazilian male model is a sham, says Britain’s Daily Mirror. The 50-year-old singer and Jesus Luz, 22, have a raunchy photo spread in this month’s W magazine and have been publicly canoodling around New York. But insiders tell the newspaper that the recently divorced Madonna is staging the “relationship” for reasons of vanity. “Despite her advancing years, she looks like she’s still got what it takes to pull a 22-year-old,” says a source, “and Jesus is getting a boost of publicity as well. Everyone’s a winner.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week