“I am so glad Jessica Biel made this so easy for me,” said Red Carpet Fashion Awards. The white Prada duchesse satin gown the actress wore to the Oscars was “so incredibly plain and boring,” and the way it ballooned out looked ridiculous. Biel’s disastrous get-up put her squarely on top of the worst dressed list.
Perhaps you missed Sophia Loren’s “cringe-worthy” appearance on the red carpet, said Sylvia Rubin in the San Francisco Chronicle. The aging screen siren “got it so wrong in so many ways,” from the “bad bridesmaid's pale yellow chiffon gown with unfortunate ruffly cap sleeves” to the “orange makeup that stopped at the neck.” (click here to view) She clearly ranked as “the big No! of the night.”
You’re both wrong, said Khalida Cook in MLive.com. The list of contenders for the worst dressed honors was short, and Beyonce’s gown, which was like “a piece of carpet,” deserved a spot high up. But Goldie Hawn’s dress looked like it was falling off, so she’s No. 1. “Sorry, Goldie.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week