“I am so glad Jessica Biel made this so easy for me,” said Red Carpet Fashion Awards. The white Prada duchesse satin gown the actress wore to the Oscars was “so incredibly plain and boring,” and the way it ballooned out looked ridiculous. Biel’s disastrous get-up put her squarely on top of the worst dressed list.
Perhaps you missed Sophia Loren’s “cringe-worthy” appearance on the red carpet, said Sylvia Rubin in the San Francisco Chronicle. The aging screen siren “got it so wrong in so many ways,” from the “bad bridesmaid's pale yellow chiffon gown with unfortunate ruffly cap sleeves” to the “orange makeup that stopped at the neck.” (click here to view) She clearly ranked as “the big No! of the night.”
You’re both wrong, said Khalida Cook in MLive.com. The list of contenders for the worst dressed honors was short, and Beyonce’s gown, which was like “a piece of carpet,” deserved a spot high up. But Goldie Hawn’s dress looked like it was falling off, so she’s No. 1. “Sorry, Goldie.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week