ood day for: Staying put, as prices of U.S. single-family homes plunged 18.5 percent in December from a year earlier, according to a Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller home price index on Tuesday. "Most of the nation appears to remain on a downward path," said David Blitzer, chairman of S&P's index committee. (Reuters in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for: Optimism, as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress Tuesday that the economy is suffering through a "severe contraction" and would continue shrinking through the first six months of 2009. (AP in Forbes)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
Subscribe to the Week