ood day for: Staying put, as prices of U.S. single-family homes plunged 18.5 percent in December from a year earlier, according to a Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller home price index on Tuesday. "Most of the nation appears to remain on a downward path," said David Blitzer, chairman of S&P's index committee. (Reuters in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for: Optimism, as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress Tuesday that the economy is suffering through a "severe contraction" and would continue shrinking through the first six months of 2009. (AP in Forbes)
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Did God have a wife?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
Subscribe to the Week