ood deed leads to jaywalking ticket
A Colorado man who was run over while helping two elderly women cross a road has been ticketed for jaywalking. Jim Moffett, 68, was hit by a truck when he ran to assist the two women shuffling across a busy intersection. Moffett is now in intensive care with internal injuries—and a $22 jaywalking ticket. “We understand Mr. Moffett was doing something with great intentions,” said Trooper Ryan Sullivan, “but it was still dangerous for anyone to be in the road.”
Native Spanish speakers enrolled in AP Spanish class
Lemon Grove Middle School near San Diego has enrolled 34 native Spanish speakers in the school’s Advanced Placement Spanish class. The students were raised speaking Spanish, but principal Ambler Moss says the high marks they achieve in the AP class help them feel good about themselves. “This gives them confidence,” said Moss. “We’re turning a historical disadvantage into an economic and intellectual asset.”
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week