n Indian marketing executive this week said his former fiancé, actress Freida Pinto, dumped him after falling for her Slumdog Millionaire co-star Dev Patel. “I hate the film. It wrecked my relationship,” Rohan Antao, 24, told the London News of the World. “As soon as it became a success and she started spending all her time with Dev, she ended it.” At the Oscars ceremony, Pinto, 24, and Patel, 18, denied that they are dating, but on Valentine’s Day, they were seen together shopping for a ring, and their co-star, Anil Kapoor, has said they are, in fact, an item.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week