An Indian marketing executive this week said his former fiancé, actress Freida Pinto, dumped him after falling for her Slumdog Millionaire co-star Dev Patel. “I hate the film. It wrecked my relationship,” Rohan Antao, 24, told the London News of the World. “As soon as it became a success and she started spending all her time with Dev, she ended it.” At the Oscars ceremony, Pinto, 24, and Patel, 18, denied that they are dating, but on Valentine’s Day, they were seen together shopping for a ring, and their co-star, Anil Kapoor, has said they are, in fact, an item.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week