An Indian marketing executive this week said his former fiancé, actress Freida Pinto, dumped him after falling for her Slumdog Millionaire co-star Dev Patel. “I hate the film. It wrecked my relationship,” Rohan Antao, 24, told the London News of the World. “As soon as it became a success and she started spending all her time with Dev, she ended it.” At the Oscars ceremony, Pinto, 24, and Patel, 18, denied that they are dating, but on Valentine’s Day, they were seen together shopping for a ring, and their co-star, Anil Kapoor, has said they are, in fact, an item.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week