An Indian marketing executive this week said his former fiancé, actress Freida Pinto, dumped him after falling for her Slumdog Millionaire co-star Dev Patel. “I hate the film. It wrecked my relationship,” Rohan Antao, 24, told the London News of the World. “As soon as it became a success and she started spending all her time with Dev, she ended it.” At the Oscars ceremony, Pinto, 24, and Patel, 18, denied that they are dating, but on Valentine’s Day, they were seen together shopping for a ring, and their co-star, Anil Kapoor, has said they are, in fact, an item.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week