A New York publisher last week agreed to pay former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice $2.5 million for three books. In addition to a memoir about her years in the Bush administration, Rice plans to write two books about growing up in the South during the civil-rights era; one will be for young adults.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The week's best photojournalism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week