New York publisher last week agreed to pay former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice $2.5 million for three books. In addition to a memoir about her years in the Bush administration, Rice plans to write two books about growing up in the South during the civil-rights era; one will be for young adults.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week