“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt, quoted in Investor’s Business Daily
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.”
Henry Ford, quoted in the Memphis Commercial Appeal
“There is a crack in everything; that’s how the light gets in.”
Leonard Cohen, quoted in the Adelaide, Australia, Herald Sun
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man.”
Bertrand Russell, quoted in Talkingpointsmemo.com
“A wise man will make haste to forgive, because he knows the true value of time, and will not suffer it to pass away in unnecessary pain.”
Samuel Johnson, quoted in Refdesk.com
“I have noticed that people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them.”
Essayist E.V. Lucas, quoted in the London Independent
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Do Republicans need a Plan B on ObamaCare?
Subscribe to the Week