“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt, quoted in Investor’s Business Daily
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.”
Henry Ford, quoted in the Memphis Commercial Appeal
“There is a crack in everything; that’s how the light gets in.”
Leonard Cohen, quoted in the Adelaide, Australia, Herald Sun
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man.”
Bertrand Russell, quoted in Talkingpointsmemo.com
“A wise man will make haste to forgive, because he knows the true value of time, and will not suffer it to pass away in unnecessary pain.”
Samuel Johnson, quoted in Refdesk.com
“I have noticed that people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them.”
Essayist E.V. Lucas, quoted in the London Independent
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week