74% of Americans said President Obama is trying to bridge the partisan divide by compromising with Republicans. Only 31% said Republicans are doing the same. 63% said Republicans in Congress opposed the stimulus bill “for political reasons,” not real issues of policy.
CBS News/The New York Times
President Obama now tops the roster of people, living or dead, that Americans named as their “personal hero.” Rounding out the top five were Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush. Respondents were not given a list of names to choose from.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Battle in a blizzard
- The secrets of happy families
- Did God have a wife?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week