Celebrate Buddha in Bali
Experience a Full Moon Temple Ceremony on the Buddha’s birthday on a 12-day trip through Bali. From May 1 to 12, witness ritual processions and swim in the “springs of immortality,” at $3,700 per person.
Discount Palm Springs
Book now, and the Viceroy Palm Springs hotel in California will cut 25 percent off your entire bill, including accommodation, spa services, meals, beverages, and resort fee. Rooms start around $240 and villas around $550.
In Obama’s footsteps
Chicago’s Swissotel offers guests guided tours of President Obama’s old haunts. Stops include the church where he was a community organizer and his longtime barbershop. Nightly rates start at $299.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week