Celebrate Buddha in Bali
Experience a Full Moon Temple Ceremony on the Buddha’s birthday on a 12-day trip through Bali. From May 1 to 12, witness ritual processions and swim in the “springs of immortality,” at $3,700 per person.
Discount Palm Springs
Book now, and the Viceroy Palm Springs hotel in California will cut 25 percent off your entire bill, including accommodation, spa services, meals, beverages, and resort fee. Rooms start around $240 and villas around $550.
In Obama’s footsteps
Chicago’s Swissotel offers guests guided tours of President Obama’s old haunts. Stops include the church where he was a community organizer and his longtime barbershop. Nightly rates start at $299.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week