If you "like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but find all their rampant intellect both intimidating and subversive," said Stuart Heritage in Heckler Spray, here's a celebrity marriage for you to embrace: supermodel Gisele Bundchen and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady just got married, according to Usmagazine.com, in a secret ceremony in California.
The wedding was private and intimate, said Usmagazine.com, and most guests were immediate family. But sources say that "the bride, 28, donned a form-fitting ivory lace strapless gown with a trumpet skirt" by Dolce & Gabbana, and her three dogs also wore matching Dolce & Gabbana floral lace collars.
The Brazilian supermodel and the NFL star denied engagement rumors for months, said celebrity gossip website Perez Hilton. "Repeatedly!" But it looks like it's now official. "Congratulations!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- For the last time: Congress is not exempt from ObamaCare
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week