ttention “Team Jonas,” said Glenn Gamboa in Newsday: You’re going to “love” Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience (click here to watch the trailer). It’s just like being at one of their concerts—“only you can see Joe, Kevin, and Nick up close and you can hear them above the screaming.”
“To their credit,” said Associated Press writer Christy Lemire in The Seattle Times, “the Jonases put on a high-energy show at New York's Madison Square Garden.” But the trio are “presented as so much glossy, superficial packaging” in this movie.
Not only that, said Mark Olsen in the Los Angeles Times, “the songs bleed together, one bouncing clap-along chorus to the next.” And the “attitude displayed by Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience back toward” their fans “comes across as a curious mixture of shameless pandering and discreet contempt.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week