lick here for results of last week's What Next? Contest: Dalai Lama
Results: Elvis Returns—With Great New Diet! In light of the possibility of online newspapers charging an iTunes-like micropayment for articles, we asked you to predict the ultimate news story that millions would happily pay to read. In response, we heard a lot about aliens landing, Jesus returning, comets hitting and previews of winning lottery numbers. There were also a number of entries about that small fee, such as: How to Avoid Paying Micropayments for Articles. Or, alternatively: How to Make Millions with Micropayments. And, of course, there was Angelina. There is always Angelina. Read on—for free.
First prize: World Leaders Among Dead at Porn Convention Nuclear Accident
Robert Husseman, Eugene, OR
Second prize: Now Hiring
DaQuita Irons, Maineville, OH
Third prize: Hoffa: “My 33 Years Underground”
Debbie Shapiro, Boca Raton
Hillary Files for Divorce
Jack Towe, Cincinnati
Angelina Leaves Brad for Jen
Steven Murphy, Exton, PA
Tiger Woods Really a Robot
Albert Munitz, Savannah
Hollywood’s New Power Couple: Madonngelina
Chris Ondish, Montclair, VA
Your Mother-in-Law Is Coming to Visit…and We Know When
Mark Porrovecchio, Corvallis, OR
Brangelina Adopts John Mayer
Leslie Markus, Cedarhurst, NY
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
Subscribe to the Week