The closely timed deaths of Bill and Hillary Clintons' cat "Socks," the Bushes' cat "India," and Tony Blair's cat, "Humphrey," seem to be tied to "the failed policies of their masters," said Shawki Al-Hafez in Oman's Al-Watan (via WorldMeets.US). These "kitty deaths" can't be mere coincidence. Maybe executive cats have "a sixth sense that predicts the dark political future of their owners." Or maybe the cats of these allied leaders are dying as divine payback for the slaughter of civilians in America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week