he closely timed deaths of Bill and Hillary Clintons' cat "Socks," the Bushes' cat "India," and Tony Blair's cat, "Humphrey," seem to be tied to "the failed policies of their masters," said Shawki Al-Hafez in Oman's Al-Watan (via WorldMeets.US). These "kitty deaths" can't be mere coincidence. Maybe executive cats have "a sixth sense that predicts the dark political future of their owners." Or maybe the cats of these allied leaders are dying as divine payback for the slaughter of civilians in America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week