The closely timed deaths of Bill and Hillary Clintons' cat "Socks," the Bushes' cat "India," and Tony Blair's cat, "Humphrey," seem to be tied to "the failed policies of their masters," said Shawki Al-Hafez in Oman's Al-Watan (via WorldMeets.US). These "kitty deaths" can't be mere coincidence. Maybe executive cats have "a sixth sense that predicts the dark political future of their owners." Or maybe the cats of these allied leaders are dying as divine payback for the slaughter of civilians in America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week