The closely timed deaths of Bill and Hillary Clintons' cat "Socks," the Bushes' cat "India," and Tony Blair's cat, "Humphrey," seem to be tied to "the failed policies of their masters," said Shawki Al-Hafez in Oman's Al-Watan (via WorldMeets.US). These "kitty deaths" can't be mere coincidence. Maybe executive cats have "a sixth sense that predicts the dark political future of their owners." Or maybe the cats of these allied leaders are dying as divine payback for the slaughter of civilians in America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week