The closely timed deaths of Bill and Hillary Clintons' cat "Socks," the Bushes' cat "India," and Tony Blair's cat, "Humphrey," seem to be tied to "the failed policies of their masters," said Shawki Al-Hafez in Oman's Al-Watan (via WorldMeets.US). These "kitty deaths" can't be mere coincidence. Maybe executive cats have "a sixth sense that predicts the dark political future of their owners." Or maybe the cats of these allied leaders are dying as divine payback for the slaughter of civilians in America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week