he closely timed deaths of Bill and Hillary Clintons' cat "Socks," the Bushes' cat "India," and Tony Blair's cat, "Humphrey," seem to be tied to "the failed policies of their masters," said Shawki Al-Hafez in Oman's Al-Watan (via WorldMeets.US). These "kitty deaths" can't be mere coincidence. Maybe executive cats have "a sixth sense that predicts the dark political future of their owners." Or maybe the cats of these allied leaders are dying as divine payback for the slaughter of civilians in America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- The executioners' lament
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 9 negative effects divorce reportedly has on children
Subscribe to the Week