ood week for:
You, after an asteroid the size of a 10-story building whizzed past Earth at a distance of 44,000 miles—a close call in astronomic terms. A similar-size asteroid that exploded over Siberia in 1908 flattened 500,000 acres of trees.
Disgraced former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who finally got the money he wanted when he signed a six-figure deal to write a book exposing “the dark side of politics.”
Venezuelans, after doctors ordered President Hugo Chávez to? stop talking for three days to get over a sore throat. “I lasted one, not even one,” said a rueful Chávez.
Bad week for:
Attention to detail, after Gainesville, Fla., traffic officers wrote seven? tickets for a BMW that had been illegally parked for two weeks. A neighbor finally called police, who found a dead body in the back seat.
Louisiana, which has a higher incarceration rate than any other state, according to a new Pew survey. One out of every 55 Louisiana residents is behind bars, and if you count probation and parole, one out of 26 adults is under the control of the Department of Corrections.
Flesh and blood, after a new study found that 84 percent of Germans in their 20s would rather do without their significant others than give up access to the Internet. The young respondents explained that you can always find another man or woman to love, whereas life without the Web is unthinkable.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
Subscribe to the Week