Las Vegas illusionists Siegfried and Roy performed together last week for the first time since 2003—alongside the Bengal tiger that ended their career when it mauled Roy Horn. The duo appeared at a fundraiser for a clinic that will treat brain disorders like those Horn has suffered since the tiger dragged him offstage by the head. In their brief performance, Siegfried Fischbacher stayed between Horn and the tiger at all times.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week