Las Vegas illusionists Siegfried and Roy performed together last week for the first time since 2003—alongside the Bengal tiger that ended their career when it mauled Roy Horn. The duo appeared at a fundraiser for a clinic that will treat brain disorders like those Horn has suffered since the tiger dragged him offstage by the head. In their brief performance, Siegfried Fischbacher stayed between Horn and the tiger at all times.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
Subscribe to the Week