A highly anticipated 3-D film of the Jonas Brothers in concert failed to win the top box-office spot last weekend, earning only $12.7 million, or about half what the industry had expected. The Jonas Brothers movie followed last year’s Hannah Montana 3-D movie, which made $31.1 million in its first weekend, despite opening on only about half the number of screens. “I’m as happy as can be,” said Disney distribution president Chuck Viane. “It’s the No. 2 concert opening of all time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week