A highly anticipated 3-D film of the Jonas Brothers in concert failed to win the top box-office spot last weekend, earning only $12.7 million, or about half what the industry had expected. The Jonas Brothers movie followed last year’s Hannah Montana 3-D movie, which made $31.1 million in its first weekend, despite opening on only about half the number of screens. “I’m as happy as can be,” said Disney distribution president Chuck Viane. “It’s the No. 2 concert opening of all time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
Subscribe to the Week