A highly anticipated 3-D film of the Jonas Brothers in concert failed to win the top box-office spot last weekend, earning only $12.7 million, or about half what the industry had expected. The Jonas Brothers movie followed last year’s Hannah Montana 3-D movie, which made $31.1 million in its first weekend, despite opening on only about half the number of screens. “I’m as happy as can be,” said Disney distribution president Chuck Viane. “It’s the No. 2 concert opening of all time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The militarization of America’s police
- How to flirt, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week