A highly anticipated 3-D film of the Jonas Brothers in concert failed to win the top box-office spot last weekend, earning only $12.7 million, or about half what the industry had expected. The Jonas Brothers movie followed last year’s Hannah Montana 3-D movie, which made $31.1 million in its first weekend, despite opening on only about half the number of screens. “I’m as happy as can be,” said Disney distribution president Chuck Viane. “It’s the No. 2 concert opening of all time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week