A highly anticipated 3-D film of the Jonas Brothers in concert failed to win the top box-office spot last weekend, earning only $12.7 million, or about half what the industry had expected. The Jonas Brothers movie followed last year’s Hannah Montana 3-D movie, which made $31.1 million in its first weekend, despite opening on only about half the number of screens. “I’m as happy as can be,” said Disney distribution president Chuck Viane. “It’s the No. 2 concert opening of all time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week