Just 27% of likely voters believe the new economic stimulus package will personally benefit them or their family. 48% of Democrats expect that the stimulus plan will help them, but only 19% of independents and 7% of Republicans agree.
Zogby Interactive Poll
46% of Americans say they’re unable to get a good night’s sleep, and most cite the nation’s economic crisis as the main culprit. The issues people name most as the cause of their restlessness are deteriorating personal finances, the tanking U.S. economy, and concerns about losing their jobs.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week