Just 27% of likely voters believe the new economic stimulus package will personally benefit them or their family. 48% of Democrats expect that the stimulus plan will help them, but only 19% of independents and 7% of Republicans agree.
Zogby Interactive Poll
46% of Americans say they’re unable to get a good night’s sleep, and most cite the nation’s economic crisis as the main culprit. The issues people name most as the cause of their restlessness are deteriorating personal finances, the tanking U.S. economy, and concerns about losing their jobs.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week