Just 27% of likely voters believe the new economic stimulus package will personally benefit them or their family. 48% of Democrats expect that the stimulus plan will help them, but only 19% of independents and 7% of Republicans agree.
Zogby Interactive Poll
46% of Americans say they’re unable to get a good night’s sleep, and most cite the nation’s economic crisis as the main culprit. The issues people name most as the cause of their restlessness are deteriorating personal finances, the tanking U.S. economy, and concerns about losing their jobs.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week