Just 27% of likely voters believe the new economic stimulus package will personally benefit them or their family. 48% of Democrats expect that the stimulus plan will help them, but only 19% of independents and 7% of Republicans agree.
Zogby Interactive Poll
46% of Americans say they’re unable to get a good night’s sleep, and most cite the nation’s economic crisis as the main culprit. The issues people name most as the cause of their restlessness are deteriorating personal finances, the tanking U.S. economy, and concerns about losing their jobs.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How I lost all my money
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week