ur 43rd president (or a reasonable facsimile thereof, courtesy of Will Ferrell) invites viewers to “remember, celebrate, and cherish his eight years of service,” in this HBO special shown live from the stage of Broadway’s Cort Theatre. Ferrell’s impersonation, first created during his years on Saturday Night Live, has earned largely positive reviews during its eight-week run; the political satire is not particularly pointed, but no one captures Bush’s cowboy cadences and Peter Pan jocosity better. And the improvisatory portion of the show, in which Ferrell assigns Bush-style nicknames to audience members based on their occupations, promises to be a highlight. Saturday, March 14, at 9 p.m., HBO
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week