Gridskipper.com offers a “refreshing potpourri of travel tidbits and helpful hints” for the “urban traveler looking to hop off the grid.” The Latest Maps section has posts on “unusual urban travel themes,” such as “Jet Lag Relief in London.”
Tripprep.com lists information from almost “every country on the planet” on where to seek medical help, “required vaccinations, pertinent health issues, and recent travel advisories.”
Flytertalk.com hosts forums, chat rooms, and blogs dedicated to the discussion of all things travel-related, particularly mileage opportunities, “loyalty programs, and hotel programs.”
Travelistic.com is a kind of “YouTube for travelers,” which lets users post their travel videos so that others can log on and see where they’ll be going.
Source: Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week