Gridskipper.com offers a “refreshing potpourri of travel tidbits and helpful hints” for the “urban traveler looking to hop off the grid.” The Latest Maps section has posts on “unusual urban travel themes,” such as “Jet Lag Relief in London.”
Tripprep.com lists information from almost “every country on the planet” on where to seek medical help, “required vaccinations, pertinent health issues, and recent travel advisories.”
Flytertalk.com hosts forums, chat rooms, and blogs dedicated to the discussion of all things travel-related, particularly mileage opportunities, “loyalty programs, and hotel programs.”
Travelistic.com is a kind of “YouTube for travelers,” which lets users post their travel videos so that others can log on and see where they’ll be going.
Source: Chicago Tribune
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week