Excuses to avoid camping dwindle with the portable Importika Handpresso Wild, “the world’s smallest espresso maker.” The 17-ounce, “high-pressure extraction system” uses pre-packed pods and your own “hand-held pumping” to produce the “correct 16-bar pressure” needed to brew a proper shot.
Price: $130; Contact: Wholelattelove.com
Source: National Geographic Adventure
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week