Excuses to avoid camping dwindle with the portable Importika Handpresso Wild, “the world’s smallest espresso maker.” The 17-ounce, “high-pressure extraction system” uses pre-packed pods and your own “hand-held pumping” to produce the “correct 16-bar pressure” needed to brew a proper shot.
Price: $130; Contact: Wholelattelove.com
Source: National Geographic Adventure
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week