Excuses to avoid camping dwindle with the portable Importika Handpresso Wild, “the world’s smallest espresso maker.” The 17-ounce, “high-pressure extraction system” uses pre-packed pods and your own “hand-held pumping” to produce the “correct 16-bar pressure” needed to brew a proper shot.
Price: $130; Contact: Wholelattelove.com
Source: National Geographic Adventure
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week