Excuses to avoid camping dwindle with the portable Importika Handpresso Wild, “the world’s smallest espresso maker.” The 17-ounce, “high-pressure extraction system” uses pre-packed pods and your own “hand-held pumping” to produce the “correct 16-bar pressure” needed to brew a proper shot.
Price: $130; Contact: Wholelattelove.com
Source: National Geographic Adventure
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week