Excuses to avoid camping dwindle with the portable Importika Handpresso Wild, “the world’s smallest espresso maker.” The 17-ounce, “high-pressure extraction system” uses pre-packed pods and your own “hand-held pumping” to produce the “correct 16-bar pressure” needed to brew a proper shot.
Price: $130; Contact: Wholelattelove.com
Source: National Geographic Adventure
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why the 'gas and groceries' approach to inflation makes no sense
Subscribe to the Week