“For once,” said The Vancouver Sun, “Radiohead's notorious standoffishness has been used for good.” During a radio interview on the Johnjay and Rich Show Tuesday (listen to the interview), pop starlet Miley Cyrus complained that Radiohead refused to meet her backstage at the recent Grammy Awards, and vowed to “ruin them.” Radiohead has just won our “deep admiration.”
“Oh snap!” said Evan Schlansky in American Songwriter. But seriously, Cyrus “was probably joking” when she promised vengeance on Radiohead—it’s likely that her feelings were just hurt. Still, “look for a billion teenage girls to burn copies of Kid A in mass protests across America.”
But “Cyrus said she was so hurt,” said Daniel Kreps in Rolling Stone, that she didn’t even watch Radiohead's Grammy performance. She should take comfort in the fact that Radiohead lead singer Thom Yorke is “notoriously shy” and his band was preparing “to perform at their very first American awards show. Plus, Yorke had already snubbed Kanye West," so at least Miley's in good company.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week