“Self-styled American agony aunt” Oprah Winfrey has strong opinions regarding the Chris Brown/Rihanna abuse scandal, said Mark Coleman in the London Daily Telegraph. On her talk show Friday, Winfrey looked directly into the camera and warned Rihanna, "Love doesn't hurt and if a man hits you once he will hit you again. I don't care what his plea is; he will hit you again." (Watch the clip)
“Chris Brown has seen his fair share of negative publicity over the past few weeks,” said Cedric D. Shine in the Examiner, but this could be the nail in his coffin. “When you have Oprah Winfrey condemning your actions to her millions of viewers, it's safe to say that your career might be over.”
The last thing Brown should be concerned about is his career, said Pop Crunch. He’s been charged with two felony counts, and if convicted, faces up to four years and eight months in jail. But as for Rihanna, even her family “has been unable to prevent her from going back to Brown following his alleged vicious attack”—let’s hope “she’ll listen to a word of advice from the Queen of Talk.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week