"New Real Housewives of New York City star Kelly Killoren Bensimon has been criticized as too bland in comparison with her catty castmates," said Chris Rovzar in New York. But the show's other housewives will have to come up with some "crazy junk" to top this: Bensimon's longtime boyfriend, Nick Stefanov, had police arrest her for assault, saying that the socialite and former model "sucker punched" him during an argument.
Stefanov says he filed his complaint simply to put the incident on record, but that he doesn't want to press charges, said Melissa Grace, Korin Miller, and Stephanie Gaskill in the New York Daily News. It's "out of his hands" now, however. In her defense, a lawyer for Kelly Killoren Bensimon, 40, says Stefanov, 30, is just a "jilted lover" trying to make trouble.
And to think people were worried that when the Bravo network brought its Real Housewives franchise to Manhattan, said gossip blog The Improper, the rich would "hole up in their Park Avenue apartments until this plague of bad taste blew over." Okay, so maybe Kelly Killoren Bensimon—former wife of famed fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon—is not exactly a true representative of Manhattan high society. At least this cougar packs a punch.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week