"New Real Housewives of New York City star Kelly Killoren Bensimon has been criticized as too bland in comparison with her catty castmates," said Chris Rovzar in New York. But the show's other housewives will have to come up with some "crazy junk" to top this: Bensimon's longtime boyfriend, Nick Stefanov, had police arrest her for assault, saying that the socialite and former model "sucker punched" him during an argument.
Stefanov says he filed his complaint simply to put the incident on record, but that he doesn't want to press charges, said Melissa Grace, Korin Miller, and Stephanie Gaskill in the New York Daily News. It's "out of his hands" now, however. In her defense, a lawyer for Kelly Killoren Bensimon, 40, says Stefanov, 30, is just a "jilted lover" trying to make trouble.
And to think people were worried that when the Bravo network brought its Real Housewives franchise to Manhattan, said gossip blog The Improper, the rich would "hole up in their Park Avenue apartments until this plague of bad taste blew over." Okay, so maybe Kelly Killoren Bensimon—former wife of famed fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon—is not exactly a true representative of Manhattan high society. At least this cougar packs a punch.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week