Ann Coulter is the last person embattled Republicans should want speaking for them, said Meghan McCain in The Daily Beast. Does she really think, for example, that Jews should be “perfected” by becoming Christians? Coulter's “offensive, radical, insulting" nonsense only drives young people away from the GOP.
Meghan McCain’s really “whacked the hornet’s nest” this time, said Paul Bedard in U.S. News & World Report. Ann Coulter is the “darling” of hard-line conservatives, and, if other moderates “get in on McCain’s hit on Coulter,” this could worsen the feuding already going on within the Republican Party.
McCain’s swipe against Coulter is pure “gold,” said Tommy Christopher in AOL News. “And it seems too big for Ann to ignore. I can’t wait to hear what she says in response.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week