Ann Coulter is the last person embattled Republicans should want speaking for them, said Meghan McCain in The Daily Beast. Does she really think, for example, that Jews should be “perfected” by becoming Christians? Coulter's “offensive, radical, insulting" nonsense only drives young people away from the GOP.
Meghan McCain’s really “whacked the hornet’s nest” this time, said Paul Bedard in U.S. News & World Report. Ann Coulter is the “darling” of hard-line conservatives, and, if other moderates “get in on McCain’s hit on Coulter,” this could worsen the feuding already going on within the Republican Party.
McCain’s swipe against Coulter is pure “gold,” said Tommy Christopher in AOL News. “And it seems too big for Ann to ignore. I can’t wait to hear what she says in response.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- An independent Scotland will need its own army, navy, and air force — and that could be a problem
Subscribe to the Week