Ann Coulter is the last person embattled Republicans should want speaking for them, said Meghan McCain in The Daily Beast. Does she really think, for example, that Jews should be “perfected” by becoming Christians? Coulter's “offensive, radical, insulting" nonsense only drives young people away from the GOP.
Meghan McCain’s really “whacked the hornet’s nest” this time, said Paul Bedard in U.S. News & World Report. Ann Coulter is the “darling” of hard-line conservatives, and, if other moderates “get in on McCain’s hit on Coulter,” this could worsen the feuding already going on within the Republican Party.
McCain’s swipe against Coulter is pure “gold,” said Tommy Christopher in AOL News. “And it seems too big for Ann to ignore. I can’t wait to hear what she says in response.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 6 things the most productive people do every day
Subscribe to the Week