Ann Coulter is the last person embattled Republicans should want speaking for them, said Meghan McCain in The Daily Beast. Does she really think, for example, that Jews should be “perfected” by becoming Christians? Coulter's “offensive, radical, insulting" nonsense only drives young people away from the GOP.
Meghan McCain’s really “whacked the hornet’s nest” this time, said Paul Bedard in U.S. News & World Report. Ann Coulter is the “darling” of hard-line conservatives, and, if other moderates “get in on McCain’s hit on Coulter,” this could worsen the feuding already going on within the Republican Party.
McCain’s swipe against Coulter is pure “gold,” said Tommy Christopher in AOL News. “And it seems too big for Ann to ignore. I can’t wait to hear what she says in response.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week