Ann Coulter is the last person embattled Republicans should want speaking for them, said Meghan McCain in The Daily Beast. Does she really think, for example, that Jews should be “perfected” by becoming Christians? Coulter's “offensive, radical, insulting" nonsense only drives young people away from the GOP.
Meghan McCain’s really “whacked the hornet’s nest” this time, said Paul Bedard in U.S. News & World Report. Ann Coulter is the “darling” of hard-line conservatives, and, if other moderates “get in on McCain’s hit on Coulter,” this could worsen the feuding already going on within the Republican Party.
McCain’s swipe against Coulter is pure “gold,” said Tommy Christopher in AOL News. “And it seems too big for Ann to ignore. I can’t wait to hear what she says in response.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Germany has a serious wolf problem
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- New York City's police unions need to get a grip
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why we can't educate racism away
- 10 things you need to know today: December 28, 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week