my Winehouse has canceled her appearance at a music festival in California because her arrest in Britain last week has resulted in new visa problems. Winehouse had been scheduled to perform at the festival along with Paul McCartney, the Cure, and the Killers, but decided it wasn’t worth fighting U.S. immigration authorities. “[Her] legal case would not be sorted out in time for her to make the music fest,” said publicist Chris Goodman. Winehouse was arrested last week on charges that she punched a female fan as she tried to take a photo of the singer back in September. Last year, U.S. immigration authorities refused to let Winehouse attend the Grammys because of a marijuana arrest in Norway.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week