my Winehouse has canceled her appearance at a music festival in California because her arrest in Britain last week has resulted in new visa problems. Winehouse had been scheduled to perform at the festival along with Paul McCartney, the Cure, and the Killers, but decided it wasn’t worth fighting U.S. immigration authorities. “[Her] legal case would not be sorted out in time for her to make the music fest,” said publicist Chris Goodman. Winehouse was arrested last week on charges that she punched a female fan as she tried to take a photo of the singer back in September. Last year, U.S. immigration authorities refused to let Winehouse attend the Grammys because of a marijuana arrest in Norway.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week