my Winehouse has canceled her appearance at a music festival in California because her arrest in Britain last week has resulted in new visa problems. Winehouse had been scheduled to perform at the festival along with Paul McCartney, the Cure, and the Killers, but decided it wasn’t worth fighting U.S. immigration authorities. “[Her] legal case would not be sorted out in time for her to make the music fest,” said publicist Chris Goodman. Winehouse was arrested last week on charges that she punched a female fan as she tried to take a photo of the singer back in September. Last year, U.S. immigration authorities refused to let Winehouse attend the Grammys because of a marijuana arrest in Norway.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week