my Winehouse has canceled her appearance at a music festival in California because her arrest in Britain last week has resulted in new visa problems. Winehouse had been scheduled to perform at the festival along with Paul McCartney, the Cure, and the Killers, but decided it wasn’t worth fighting U.S. immigration authorities. “[Her] legal case would not be sorted out in time for her to make the music fest,” said publicist Chris Goodman. Winehouse was arrested last week on charges that she punched a female fan as she tried to take a photo of the singer back in September. Last year, U.S. immigration authorities refused to let Winehouse attend the Grammys because of a marijuana arrest in Norway.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week