Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are planning a camping trip across the USA, says the London Daily Mirror. Cruise, 46, and Holmes, 30, want their daughter, Suri, to grow up with the same kind of experiences as other kids have. “We love the outdoors,” Holmes says. The couple will have bodyguards camped out nearby, along with a friend from the Church of Scientology. “Tom never likes to be too far away from his religion,” a family friend tells the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week