Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are planning a camping trip across the USA, says the London Daily Mirror. Cruise, 46, and Holmes, 30, want their daughter, Suri, to grow up with the same kind of experiences as other kids have. “We love the outdoors,” Holmes says. The couple will have bodyguards camped out nearby, along with a friend from the Church of Scientology. “Tom never likes to be too far away from his religion,” a family friend tells the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week