Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are planning a camping trip across the USA, says the London Daily Mirror. Cruise, 46, and Holmes, 30, want their daughter, Suri, to grow up with the same kind of experiences as other kids have. “We love the outdoors,” Holmes says. The couple will have bodyguards camped out nearby, along with a friend from the Church of Scientology. “Tom never likes to be too far away from his religion,” a family friend tells the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week