Martha Stewart’s pet chow was killed in a propane explosion that destroyed a Pennsylvania kennel and killed 16 other dogs. Stewart’s dog, a puppy she named Ghengis Khan, died in the blast at Pazzazz Pet Boarding in the Pocono Mountains, which breeds and trains show dogs. The kennel was getting a propane-tank delivery when one exploded and ignited a fire. Stewart said she was “deeply saddened” by Ghengis Khan’s death.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
Subscribe to the Week