Martha Stewart’s pet chow was killed in a propane explosion that destroyed a Pennsylvania kennel and killed 16 other dogs. Stewart’s dog, a puppy she named Ghengis Khan, died in the blast at Pazzazz Pet Boarding in the Pocono Mountains, which breeds and trains show dogs. The kennel was getting a propane-tank delivery when one exploded and ignited a fire. Stewart said she was “deeply saddened” by Ghengis Khan’s death.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week