Pray for cold
Through April, the cost of an unheated tent cabin at Curry Village in Yosemite National Park will be determined by the previous night’s recorded low in Fahrenheit. If the temperature drops below zero, they’ll pay you.
Contact: Yosemite Hotel & Lodging, (801) 559-4884
Swing through Singapore
Singapore Airlines offers round-trip airfare from Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Houston to Singapore; three nights at the Carlton Hotel; and a half-day city tour—all for $999. Must travel by May 24.
Contact: Singaporeairlines vacations.com
Smell the tulips
See Amsterdam’s famed gardens in full bloom with an eight-day package from Go Ahead Tours. The $1,999 per-person fee includes airfare, transfers, accommodation, private motor coach, and some meals.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week