Pray for cold
Through April, the cost of an unheated tent cabin at Curry Village in Yosemite National Park will be determined by the previous night’s recorded low in Fahrenheit. If the temperature drops below zero, they’ll pay you.
Contact: Yosemite Hotel & Lodging, (801) 559-4884
Swing through Singapore
Singapore Airlines offers round-trip airfare from Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Houston to Singapore; three nights at the Carlton Hotel; and a half-day city tour—all for $999. Must travel by May 24.
Contact: Singaporeairlines vacations.com
Smell the tulips
See Amsterdam’s famed gardens in full bloom with an eight-day package from Go Ahead Tours. The $1,999 per-person fee includes airfare, transfers, accommodation, private motor coach, and some meals.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week