Apartmenttherapy.com was created to help urbanites turn tiny spaces into stylish, comfortable homes. But you don’t have to live in a closet-size apartment to get “great interior-design ideas.” The site offers daily tips, provides shopping guides, and posts house tours to inspire other homeowners.
Ohdeedoh.com is dedicated to “kid-friendly home ideas.” Parents can share photos of their children’s rooms as well find tips on everything from “How to Make a Hanging Book Display” to “How to Build a Simple Indoor Swing.”
Designspongeonline.com sets itself apart with “Before & After” and “Do-It-Yourself” sections. Budding decorators can figure out how to reupholster a footstool or learn how to create a picture frame from a recycled glass jar.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week