Apartmenttherapy.com was created to help urbanites turn tiny spaces into stylish, comfortable homes. But you don’t have to live in a closet-size apartment to get “great interior-design ideas.” The site offers daily tips, provides shopping guides, and posts house tours to inspire other homeowners.
Ohdeedoh.com is dedicated to “kid-friendly home ideas.” Parents can share photos of their children’s rooms as well find tips on everything from “How to Make a Hanging Book Display” to “How to Build a Simple Indoor Swing.”
Designspongeonline.com sets itself apart with “Before & After” and “Do-It-Yourself” sections. Budding decorators can figure out how to reupholster a footstool or learn how to create a picture frame from a recycled glass jar.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week