partmenttherapy.com was created to help urbanites turn tiny spaces into stylish, comfortable homes. But you don’t have to live in a closet-size apartment to get “great interior-design ideas.” The site offers daily tips, provides shopping guides, and posts house tours to inspire other homeowners.
Ohdeedoh.com is dedicated to “kid-friendly home ideas.” Parents can share photos of their children’s rooms as well find tips on everything from “How to Make a Hanging Book Display” to “How to Build a Simple Indoor Swing.”
Designspongeonline.com sets itself apart with “Before & After” and “Do-It-Yourself” sections. Budding decorators can figure out how to reupholster a footstool or learn how to create a picture frame from a recycled glass jar.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week