partmenttherapy.com was created to help urbanites turn tiny spaces into stylish, comfortable homes. But you don’t have to live in a closet-size apartment to get “great interior-design ideas.” The site offers daily tips, provides shopping guides, and posts house tours to inspire other homeowners.
Ohdeedoh.com is dedicated to “kid-friendly home ideas.” Parents can share photos of their children’s rooms as well find tips on everything from “How to Make a Hanging Book Display” to “How to Build a Simple Indoor Swing.”
Designspongeonline.com sets itself apart with “Before & After” and “Do-It-Yourself” sections. Budding decorators can figure out how to reupholster a footstool or learn how to create a picture frame from a recycled glass jar.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week