The Philip Stein Wine Wand may be to decanting what the microwave is to cooking. Taking advantage of certain properties of crystal even the wand’s creators can’t explain, it removes the vapor of tannins from red wine, reducing aeration time from two hours to less than five minutes.
Price: $525; Contact: Philipstein.com
Source: Los Angeles Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week