he Philip Stein Wine Wand may be to decanting what the microwave is to cooking. Taking advantage of certain properties of crystal even the wand’s creators can’t explain, it removes the vapor of tannins from red wine, reducing aeration time from two hours to less than five minutes.
Price: $525; Contact: Philipstein.com
Source: Los Angeles Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week