The Philip Stein Wine Wand may be to decanting what the microwave is to cooking. Taking advantage of certain properties of crystal even the wand’s creators can’t explain, it removes the vapor of tannins from red wine, reducing aeration time from two hours to less than five minutes.
Price: $525; Contact: Philipstein.com
Source: Los Angeles Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week