The Philip Stein Wine Wand may be to decanting what the microwave is to cooking. Taking advantage of certain properties of crystal even the wand’s creators can’t explain, it removes the vapor of tannins from red wine, reducing aeration time from two hours to less than five minutes.
Price: $525; Contact: Philipstein.com
Source: Los Angeles Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week