The Philip Stein Wine Wand may be to decanting what the microwave is to cooking. Taking advantage of certain properties of crystal even the wand’s creators can’t explain, it removes the vapor of tannins from red wine, reducing aeration time from two hours to less than five minutes.
Price: $525; Contact: Philipstein.com
Source: Los Angeles Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The next pandemic
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week