ctress Natasha Richardson suffered a serious head injury in a skiing accident in Canada on Monday. Richardson, 45, was taken in critical condition to a hospital near the Mont Tremblant ski resort, then transferred to a larger medical center in Montreal. Her husband, Irish actor Liam Neeson, rushed from a movie set in Toronto to be by her side. (People)
The website Irishcentral.com reported that Richardson sustained a traumatic brain injury. Richardson, whose film credits include "The Parent Trap," "Nell," and "Patty Hearst," performed a staged reading of the musical "A Little Night Music" last month with her mother, actress Vanessa Redgrave, and was planning to take the show to Broadway. (New York Post)
Little official information has been released about Richardson's condition, although some reports called her injuries "life-threatening." (Marie Claire)
- The Black Death is back
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Secret Service deals with the unknown on foreign trips
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week