ctress Natasha Richardson suffered a serious head injury in a skiing accident in Canada on Monday. Richardson, 45, was taken in critical condition to a hospital near the Mont Tremblant ski resort, then transferred to a larger medical center in Montreal. Her husband, Irish actor Liam Neeson, rushed from a movie set in Toronto to be by her side. (People)
The website Irishcentral.com reported that Richardson sustained a traumatic brain injury. Richardson, whose film credits include "The Parent Trap," "Nell," and "Patty Hearst," performed a staged reading of the musical "A Little Night Music" last month with her mother, actress Vanessa Redgrave, and was planning to take the show to Broadway. (New York Post)
Little official information has been released about Richardson's condition, although some reports called her injuries "life-threatening." (Marie Claire)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week