ctress Natasha Richardson suffered a serious head injury in a skiing accident in Canada on Monday. Richardson, 45, was taken in critical condition to a hospital near the Mont Tremblant ski resort, then transferred to a larger medical center in Montreal. Her husband, Irish actor Liam Neeson, rushed from a movie set in Toronto to be by her side. (People)
The website Irishcentral.com reported that Richardson sustained a traumatic brain injury. Richardson, whose film credits include "The Parent Trap," "Nell," and "Patty Hearst," performed a staged reading of the musical "A Little Night Music" last month with her mother, actress Vanessa Redgrave, and was planning to take the show to Broadway. (New York Post)
Little official information has been released about Richardson's condition, although some reports called her injuries "life-threatening." (Marie Claire)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week