he family of actress Natasha Richardson gathered at a New York hospital, where the actress was taken after suffering a severe head injury while snow skiing in Canada. Richardson was reportedly dependent on artificial life-support with leaked blood between her brain and skull. "There is no chance," a family friend told People magazine. "It is a fact that her heart is beating but she is brain dead." (People)
Richardson’s husband, actor Liam Neeson, and her sister, TV star Joely Richardson, were among those by Richardson’s side. Richardson’s mother, actress Vanessa Redgrave, appeared dazed as she arrived at the New York hospital. Richardson was first treated at two medical facilities in Canada after a seemingly minor fall during a lesson on a “bunny” slope near Montreal. (New York Post)
What a tragic turn for a love story that started on Broadway, said Patrick Huguenin in the New York Daily News. Natasha Richardson and Liam Neeson met as stars of the 1993 revival of “Anna Christie.” Before long, they were a couple, and New York fixtures. Now, Broadway may be left to mourn “the ending of one of its favorite love stories.”
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- The science of making a guitar sound like a human voice
Subscribe to the Week