A casting call for the reality show America’s Next Top Model erupted into a brawl on the streets of midtown Manhattan last week. Witnesses said several fights erupted as the thousands of would-be contestants became agitated over poor coordination outside the audition site. “Everyone got thrown everywhere,” said Annina Manttari. “People were getting run over.” Six people were injured, and police charged two women and one man with disorderly conduct and inciting to riot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week