A casting call for the reality show America’s Next Top Model erupted into a brawl on the streets of midtown Manhattan last week. Witnesses said several fights erupted as the thousands of would-be contestants became agitated over poor coordination outside the audition site. “Everyone got thrown everywhere,” said Annina Manttari. “People were getting run over.” Six people were injured, and police charged two women and one man with disorderly conduct and inciting to riot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to make corn dogs
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week