A casting call for the reality show America’s Next Top Model erupted into a brawl on the streets of midtown Manhattan last week. Witnesses said several fights erupted as the thousands of would-be contestants became agitated over poor coordination outside the audition site. “Everyone got thrown everywhere,” said Annina Manttari. “People were getting run over.” Six people were injured, and police charged two women and one man with disorderly conduct and inciting to riot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- Everything you've heard about millennials is wrong
Subscribe to the Week