A casting call for the reality show America’s Next Top Model erupted into a brawl on the streets of midtown Manhattan last week. Witnesses said several fights erupted as the thousands of would-be contestants became agitated over poor coordination outside the audition site. “Everyone got thrown everywhere,” said Annina Manttari. “People were getting run over.” Six people were injured, and police charged two women and one man with disorderly conduct and inciting to riot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Immigration, charity, and conservatives' unholy assault on Glenn Beck
Subscribe to the Week