A casting call for the reality show America’s Next Top Model erupted into a brawl on the streets of midtown Manhattan last week. Witnesses said several fights erupted as the thousands of would-be contestants became agitated over poor coordination outside the audition site. “Everyone got thrown everywhere,” said Annina Manttari. “People were getting run over.” Six people were injured, and police charged two women and one man with disorderly conduct and inciting to riot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week