Madonna this week said she’s considering adopting another African child as a sibling for her 3-year-old son, David. “Many people—especially our Malawian friends—say that David should have a Malawian brother or sister,” she told the Malawi Nation. The single singer, who recently was divorced from Guy Ritchie, said she was taking great pains to keep her son connected to his heritage. “He has a big map of Africa in his room with lots of arrows pointing to Malawi.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week