Madonna this week said she’s considering adopting another African child as a sibling for her 3-year-old son, David. “Many people—especially our Malawian friends—say that David should have a Malawian brother or sister,” she told the Malawi Nation. The single singer, who recently was divorced from Guy Ritchie, said she was taking great pains to keep her son connected to his heritage. “He has a big map of Africa in his room with lots of arrows pointing to Malawi.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week