adonna this week said she’s considering adopting another African child as a sibling for her 3-year-old son, David. “Many people—especially our Malawian friends—say that David should have a Malawian brother or sister,” she told the Malawi Nation. The single singer, who recently was divorced from Guy Ritchie, said she was taking great pains to keep her son connected to his heritage. “He has a big map of Africa in his room with lots of arrows pointing to Malawi.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week