ost Trail Lodge
Lost Trail Lodge is well worth a walk up a mountain, said Hugo Martin in the Los Angeles Times. “Comfort awaits” those willing to make the trek to this 3,700-square-foot hike-in lodge tucked away in the Sierra Nevadas. “Untouched by paved roads, phones, or electrical lines,” the secluded chalet can only be reached by a four-mile journey on skis or snowshoes during the winter. (In summer, travel by foot or mountain bike.) Once you arrive, curl up by the river-stone fireplace or slumber under one of the cabin’s thick quilts before heading back out into the cold.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- China's massive pollution problem
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
Subscribe to the Week