No April fool
Rooms at San Francisco’s eco-chic Orchard Hotels can be had for $1 per night throughout April. Must book on Wednesday, April 1, at 10 a.m. PST using the promo code ‘Fool!’
Baseball fans going to see their team in training can get a 25 percent discount and a free “Fan Tool Kit” at the Intercontinental in Tampa. Good through April 4; mention code “ILQGA.”
China Spree is offering five nights’ lodging in Beijing, plus round-trip flights from San Francisco, for $588. Must book by March 31 for departure on Nov. 15, 22 or Dec. 6.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week