ur Lady of the Underpass
Tanya Saracho’s play, based on the 2005 appearance of an image of the Virgin Mary on a wall beneath the city’s Kennedy Expressway, is a winning example of “hyper-local theater,” said the Chicago Tribune. Saracho “has the ability and comedic disposition to be a great Chicago writer.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week