ur Lady of the Underpass
Tanya Saracho’s play, based on the 2005 appearance of an image of the Virgin Mary on a wall beneath the city’s Kennedy Expressway, is a winning example of “hyper-local theater,” said the Chicago Tribune. Saracho “has the ability and comedic disposition to be a great Chicago writer.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week