The U.S. is trying to destabilize Pakistan and Iran, said the Peshawar Frontier Post in an editorial. The Obama administration is talking about expanding its Predator drone raids from the tribal areas, where the drones supposedly bomb suspected Taliban hideouts, to Balochistan province, which borders Iran. Already, there are “sinister goings-on” in Balochistan, as CIA “cash, weapons, and agents” infest the region. The Iranians are convinced that “this strategically located province has become the Americans’ launching pad” from which to infiltrate the Iranian region of Sistan-Balochistan. The Americans may say they are merely hunting al Qaida and Taliban. In reality, though, they are playing “a vicious double game.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week