The U.S. is trying to destabilize Pakistan and Iran, said the Peshawar Frontier Post in an editorial. The Obama administration is talking about expanding its Predator drone raids from the tribal areas, where the drones supposedly bomb suspected Taliban hideouts, to Balochistan province, which borders Iran. Already, there are “sinister goings-on” in Balochistan, as CIA “cash, weapons, and agents” infest the region. The Iranians are convinced that “this strategically located province has become the Americans’ launching pad” from which to infiltrate the Iranian region of Sistan-Balochistan. The Americans may say they are merely hunting al Qaida and Taliban. In reality, though, they are playing “a vicious double game.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week