he U.S. is trying to destabilize Pakistan and Iran, said the Peshawar Frontier Post in an editorial. The Obama administration is talking about expanding its Predator drone raids from the tribal areas, where the drones supposedly bomb suspected Taliban hideouts, to Balochistan province, which borders Iran. Already, there are “sinister goings-on” in Balochistan, as CIA “cash, weapons, and agents” infest the region. The Iranians are convinced that “this strategically located province has become the Americans’ launching pad” from which to infiltrate the Iranian region of Sistan-Balochistan. The Americans may say they are merely hunting al Qaida and Taliban. In reality, though, they are playing “a vicious double game.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week