“It just keeps getting worse for Alex Rodriguez,” said the Gossip Girls. As if admitting to steroid use and being ridiculed for his Details photo shoot weren’t enough. Now Eliot Spitzer's former madam, Kristen Davis, says she had a relationship wtih New York Yankees third baseman Rodriguez—and lined him up with prositutes back in 2006.
Look, said Sean Serritella in the Bleacher Report, “prostitution is the oldest profession in the world and men will always want to pay for sex.” It angers me that A-Rod took steroids, but who cares if he hired hookers? That’s his business, and it has nothing to do with his ability to play baseball.
Let’s also keep in mind that Kristen Davis has a book to sell, said Kyle Munzenrieder in the Miami New Times, so we should take her allegations with a grain of salt. But whether this latest news is true or not, it doesn’t matter: “Alex Rodriguez's baseball hero cred is pretty much shot” at this point anyway, “and it's a sad thing to watch.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
Subscribe to the Week