uspended for farting
A Florida eighth-grader was suspended for three days for farting on the school bus. Jonathan Locke “passes gas on the bus to make the other children laugh and it is so stink [sic] that you can’t breathe,” said the bus driver on a complaint form. Jonathan’s father said trying to prevent eighth-graders from laughing about farts was probably futile, and the boy said the fart in question wasn’t even his. “It was a kid who sits in front of me.”
Gay bars in Chicago ban bachelorette parties
Gay bars in Chicago are banning straight women’s bachelorette parties. Women have made gay bars a popular choice for such parties because they know the male patrons won’t hit on them while they celebrate and ogle nearly-naked male dancers. But since California passed a gay-marriage ban, some patrons have become uncomfortable with women “flaunting” their right to marry. “Watching them celebrate, it’s such a slap in the face,” said Geno Zaharakis, owner of a gay bar named Cocktail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week