uspended for farting
A Florida eighth-grader was suspended for three days for farting on the school bus. Jonathan Locke “passes gas on the bus to make the other children laugh and it is so stink [sic] that you can’t breathe,” said the bus driver on a complaint form. Jonathan’s father said trying to prevent eighth-graders from laughing about farts was probably futile, and the boy said the fart in question wasn’t even his. “It was a kid who sits in front of me.”
Gay bars in Chicago ban bachelorette parties
Gay bars in Chicago are banning straight women’s bachelorette parties. Women have made gay bars a popular choice for such parties because they know the male patrons won’t hit on them while they celebrate and ogle nearly-naked male dancers. But since California passed a gay-marriage ban, some patrons have become uncomfortable with women “flaunting” their right to marry. “Watching them celebrate, it’s such a slap in the face,” said Geno Zaharakis, owner of a gay bar named Cocktail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week