Suspended for farting
A Florida eighth-grader was suspended for three days for farting on the school bus. Jonathan Locke “passes gas on the bus to make the other children laugh and it is so stink [sic] that you can’t breathe,” said the bus driver on a complaint form. Jonathan’s father said trying to prevent eighth-graders from laughing about farts was probably futile, and the boy said the fart in question wasn’t even his. “It was a kid who sits in front of me.”
Gay bars in Chicago ban bachelorette parties
Gay bars in Chicago are banning straight women’s bachelorette parties. Women have made gay bars a popular choice for such parties because they know the male patrons won’t hit on them while they celebrate and ogle nearly-naked male dancers. But since California passed a gay-marriage ban, some patrons have become uncomfortable with women “flaunting” their right to marry. “Watching them celebrate, it’s such a slap in the face,” said Geno Zaharakis, owner of a gay bar named Cocktail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week