uspended for farting
A Florida eighth-grader was suspended for three days for farting on the school bus. Jonathan Locke “passes gas on the bus to make the other children laugh and it is so stink [sic] that you can’t breathe,” said the bus driver on a complaint form. Jonathan’s father said trying to prevent eighth-graders from laughing about farts was probably futile, and the boy said the fart in question wasn’t even his. “It was a kid who sits in front of me.”
Gay bars in Chicago ban bachelorette parties
Gay bars in Chicago are banning straight women’s bachelorette parties. Women have made gay bars a popular choice for such parties because they know the male patrons won’t hit on them while they celebrate and ogle nearly-naked male dancers. But since California passed a gay-marriage ban, some patrons have become uncomfortable with women “flaunting” their right to marry. “Watching them celebrate, it’s such a slap in the face,” said Geno Zaharakis, owner of a gay bar named Cocktail.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week