A New York madam who supplied prostitutes to former Gov. Eliot Spitzer also sent women to New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, said the New York Daily News this week. Rodriguez met Kristin Davis at a gym, and when he asked her out she gave him the number of her agency instead. Rodriguez, then married, hired hookers more than half a dozen times, agency workers told the newspaper, but he continued to e-mail Davis for a date, accusing her of “playing hard to get.” In e-mails given to the newspaper, Davis replied, “I’m not playing, I am hard to get.” Davis eventually gave in. “I went out with him just because he was so flattering,” she reportedly told a friend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The week's best photojournalism
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week