A New York madam who supplied prostitutes to former Gov. Eliot Spitzer also sent women to New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, said the New York Daily News this week. Rodriguez met Kristin Davis at a gym, and when he asked her out she gave him the number of her agency instead. Rodriguez, then married, hired hookers more than half a dozen times, agency workers told the newspaper, but he continued to e-mail Davis for a date, accusing her of “playing hard to get.” In e-mails given to the newspaper, Davis replied, “I’m not playing, I am hard to get.” Davis eventually gave in. “I went out with him just because he was so flattering,” she reportedly told a friend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week