New York madam who supplied prostitutes to former Gov. Eliot Spitzer also sent women to New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, said the New York Daily News this week. Rodriguez met Kristin Davis at a gym, and when he asked her out she gave him the number of her agency instead. Rodriguez, then married, hired hookers more than half a dozen times, agency workers told the newspaper, but he continued to e-mail Davis for a date, accusing her of “playing hard to get.” In e-mails given to the newspaper, Davis replied, “I’m not playing, I am hard to get.” Davis eventually gave in. “I went out with him just because he was so flattering,” she reportedly told a friend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week