A New York madam who supplied prostitutes to former Gov. Eliot Spitzer also sent women to New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, said the New York Daily News this week. Rodriguez met Kristin Davis at a gym, and when he asked her out she gave him the number of her agency instead. Rodriguez, then married, hired hookers more than half a dozen times, agency workers told the newspaper, but he continued to e-mail Davis for a date, accusing her of “playing hard to get.” In e-mails given to the newspaper, Davis replied, “I’m not playing, I am hard to get.” Davis eventually gave in. “I went out with him just because he was so flattering,” she reportedly told a friend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The week's best editorial cartoons
- Jonathan Gruber says voters are 'stupid.' But the real idiots are the Democrats in Congress.
Subscribe to the Week