A New York madam who supplied prostitutes to former Gov. Eliot Spitzer also sent women to New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, said the New York Daily News this week. Rodriguez met Kristin Davis at a gym, and when he asked her out she gave him the number of her agency instead. Rodriguez, then married, hired hookers more than half a dozen times, agency workers told the newspaper, but he continued to e-mail Davis for a date, accusing her of “playing hard to get.” In e-mails given to the newspaper, Davis replied, “I’m not playing, I am hard to get.” Davis eventually gave in. “I went out with him just because he was so flattering,” she reportedly told a friend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week