ollegehumor.com, a source of sophomoric, prank-filled humor, features a huge collection of videos, photos, links, games, and articles. Most of it’s user-submitted, and the site frequently hosts funniest-video competitions.
Funnyordie.com, a comedy site conceived by Will Ferrell and friends, lets users upload film clips they think are hilarious. But Ferrell and other pros often provide their own. Visitors watch and vote on whether the videos are actually funny. If a clip doesn’t get enough votes, it dies. If a clip keeps surviving, it can eventually gain “immortal” status.
Theonion.com includes articles from the satirical newspaper and regularly produced radio and video clips. A journalistic tone makes it the undisputed online authority for ridiculous, made-up news stories.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Easter's deadly Ukrainian checkpoint battle makes no sense
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week