Collegehumor.com, a source of sophomoric, prank-filled humor, features a huge collection of videos, photos, links, games, and articles. Most of it’s user-submitted, and the site frequently hosts funniest-video competitions.
Funnyordie.com, a comedy site conceived by Will Ferrell and friends, lets users upload film clips they think are hilarious. But Ferrell and other pros often provide their own. Visitors watch and vote on whether the videos are actually funny. If a clip doesn’t get enough votes, it dies. If a clip keeps surviving, it can eventually gain “immortal” status.
Theonion.com includes articles from the satirical newspaper and regularly produced radio and video clips. A journalistic tone makes it the undisputed online authority for ridiculous, made-up news stories.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week