Collegehumor.com, a source of sophomoric, prank-filled humor, features a huge collection of videos, photos, links, games, and articles. Most of it’s user-submitted, and the site frequently hosts funniest-video competitions.
Funnyordie.com, a comedy site conceived by Will Ferrell and friends, lets users upload film clips they think are hilarious. But Ferrell and other pros often provide their own. Visitors watch and vote on whether the videos are actually funny. If a clip doesn’t get enough votes, it dies. If a clip keeps surviving, it can eventually gain “immortal” status.
Theonion.com includes articles from the satirical newspaper and regularly produced radio and video clips. A journalistic tone makes it the undisputed online authority for ridiculous, made-up news stories.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
Subscribe to the Week