While a majority of Americans still give Barack Obama high marks for his overall job performance, 53% now disapprove of his performance on the economy.
When it comes to basic scientific literacy, many Americans flunk. Only 53% of adults know it takes one year for the Earth to revolve around the sun; only 59% know that humans and dinosaurs did not live at the same time; and just 47% can approximate the percentage of the Earth’s surface covered by water (about 70 percent).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- In defense of family dinner
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week