While a majority of Americans still give Barack Obama high marks for his overall job performance, 53% now disapprove of his performance on the economy.
When it comes to basic scientific literacy, many Americans flunk. Only 53% of adults know it takes one year for the Earth to revolve around the sun; only 59% know that humans and dinosaurs did not live at the same time; and just 47% can approximate the percentage of the Earth’s surface covered by water (about 70 percent).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week