While a majority of Americans still give Barack Obama high marks for his overall job performance, 53% now disapprove of his performance on the economy.
When it comes to basic scientific literacy, many Americans flunk. Only 53% of adults know it takes one year for the Earth to revolve around the sun; only 59% know that humans and dinosaurs did not live at the same time; and just 47% can approximate the percentage of the Earth’s surface covered by water (about 70 percent).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week