While a majority of Americans still give Barack Obama high marks for his overall job performance, 53% now disapprove of his performance on the economy.
When it comes to basic scientific literacy, many Americans flunk. Only 53% of adults know it takes one year for the Earth to revolve around the sun; only 59% know that humans and dinosaurs did not live at the same time; and just 47% can approximate the percentage of the Earth’s surface covered by water (about 70 percent).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week