ood day for: Getting laid off, as Ford and GM are offering to cover some payments for car buyers who lose their jobs. Hoping to reassure people afraid to buy in a sour economy, Ford will make payments of up to $700 a month for a year. (AP in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for inventors, as a 28-year-old Ohio man, Kyle Wygle, was charged with drunken driving after he crashed a motorized bar-stool he built using lawnmower parts. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week