ood day for: Getting laid off, as Ford and GM are offering to cover some payments for car buyers who lose their jobs. Hoping to reassure people afraid to buy in a sour economy, Ford will make payments of up to $700 a month for a year. (AP in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for inventors, as a 28-year-old Ohio man, Kyle Wygle, was charged with drunken driving after he crashed a motorized bar-stool he built using lawnmower parts. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why Narendra Modi is not a shoo-in to become India's next prime minister
Subscribe to the Week