ood day for: Getting laid off, as Ford and GM are offering to cover some payments for car buyers who lose their jobs. Hoping to reassure people afraid to buy in a sour economy, Ford will make payments of up to $700 a month for a year. (AP in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for inventors, as a 28-year-old Ohio man, Kyle Wygle, was charged with drunken driving after he crashed a motorized bar-stool he built using lawnmower parts. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to flirt, according to science
- Game of Thrones recap: 'The Lion and the Rose'
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week