ood day for: Getting laid off, as Ford and GM are offering to cover some payments for car buyers who lose their jobs. Hoping to reassure people afraid to buy in a sour economy, Ford will make payments of up to $700 a month for a year. (AP in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for inventors, as a 28-year-old Ohio man, Kyle Wygle, was charged with drunken driving after he crashed a motorized bar-stool he built using lawnmower parts. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week