A Malawian court this week at least temporarily delayed Madonna’s adoption of a second child from the orphanage where she adopted her 3-year-old son, David. The ruling came after the 4-year-old girl’s grandmother challenged the pop star for custody. “Why doesn’t this singer pick other children?” said Lucy Chekechiwa. “It is stealing.” A local advocacy group accused Madonna of “behaving like a bully” in her efforts to fast-track the adoption.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- California's drought has reached Biblical-plague proportions. It's time for a drastic measure.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week