Malawian court this week at least temporarily delayed Madonna’s adoption of a second child from the orphanage where she adopted her 3-year-old son, David. The ruling came after the 4-year-old girl’s grandmother challenged the pop star for custody. “Why doesn’t this singer pick other children?” said Lucy Chekechiwa. “It is stealing.” A local advocacy group accused Madonna of “behaving like a bully” in her efforts to fast-track the adoption.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Did God have a wife?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week