A Malawian court this week at least temporarily delayed Madonna’s adoption of a second child from the orphanage where she adopted her 3-year-old son, David. The ruling came after the 4-year-old girl’s grandmother challenged the pop star for custody. “Why doesn’t this singer pick other children?” said Lucy Chekechiwa. “It is stealing.” A local advocacy group accused Madonna of “behaving like a bully” in her efforts to fast-track the adoption.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week