A Malawian court this week at least temporarily delayed Madonna’s adoption of a second child from the orphanage where she adopted her 3-year-old son, David. The ruling came after the 4-year-old girl’s grandmother challenged the pop star for custody. “Why doesn’t this singer pick other children?” said Lucy Chekechiwa. “It is stealing.” A local advocacy group accused Madonna of “behaving like a bully” in her efforts to fast-track the adoption.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week