A Malawian court this week at least temporarily delayed Madonna’s adoption of a second child from the orphanage where she adopted her 3-year-old son, David. The ruling came after the 4-year-old girl’s grandmother challenged the pop star for custody. “Why doesn’t this singer pick other children?” said Lucy Chekechiwa. “It is stealing.” A local advocacy group accused Madonna of “behaving like a bully” in her efforts to fast-track the adoption.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- With the world in flames, why is the economic recovery still going strong?
Subscribe to the Week